Ever seen cornbread in a loaf pan??
Now you have!!
My supermoist, slightly sweet cornbread recipe:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup white sugar (use less if corn is sweet)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- kernels of 1 fresh sweet ear of corn
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray or lightly grease a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder. Stir in egg, milk and vegetable oil until well combined. Mix in corn kernels. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.